It is interesting that acts of self-love are the items that get bumped off the end off our to-do lists when we become overwhelmed with the day’s tasks. I have been making an effort to do something for myself each day, even on the super busy ones. It doesn’t always happen, but usually I am pretty good at getting a soul-nourishing moment into my day. These moments are ones that give me time to take a deep breath and just be. They are restorative for mind and over all energy and contentment. Moments of self-love in my life include:
- Sitting down with a hot cup of herbal tea
- Doing a yoga session – I love ‘Yoga with Adriene’ on YouTube – she has a yoga session to match any need… morning yoga, yoga for when you’re sick, yoga for anxiety, yoga for runners, and bedtime yoga just to name a few.
- Meditation – I’m not great at this one, but just finding five minutes of stillness with some relaxing music helps me to get grounded and re-boot my energy.
- Gardening – see my previous blog post
- Going for a walk outside
- Doing a clay face mask – I use a lovely one from Wild Nature Australia
- Having a bath with a good book… I’d have to rate this as my favourite self-love activity!
- Reading a book – at the moment I am powering through plenty of Dr Libby’s books, which cover nutrition as well as a whole lot of interesting biochemical info. But a good fiction novel is always great to give your mind and body a mini-holiday.
- Baking (or unbaking) healthy treats
There are more little things that I do, but these are some favourites off the top of my head. Different ones serve me on different days, depending on how I’m feeling. I would love to know some of your self-loving moments in the comments!
By Jasmine from Franklee Healthy